Frequently Asked Questions
What is Collisions?
Collisions is a suite of free content-rich digital games designed to give students a deepened understanding of fundamental chemistry concepts through play. Collisions can be used to introduce, teach, and review key concepts in your chemistry classroom.
Where can I access Collisions?
What games are in Collisions?
Collisions includes the following 8 chemistry games:
- Covalent Bonding
- Ionic Bonding
- Intermolecular Forces
- Acids & Bases
- Phase Change
Each game includes Tutorial Levels, Game Levels and an exploratory Sandbox. You can explore the chemistry concepts in each of these games by reviewing our Game Guides on our Classroom Resources page.
How can I bring Collisions into my classroom?
Collisions is completely free to use for both teachers and students!
- Teachers can sign up for a free account here.
- Students must have a class code (from their teacher) to create an account.
Is Collisions integrated with Google Classroom?
Yes, Collisions is integrated with Google rostering and Google share!
To upload or match your Google classroom rosters, follow these steps:
- If you’re new to Collisions or just setting up your classes, you can directly import your classes from Google Classroom and your students will be able to log in via single sign-on with Google.
- If you already have existing classes and students using Collisions, you can match your students’ Collisions accounts with their Google accounts to enable single sign-on.
To assign a Collisions game via Google share:
- Navigate to a class page in the Collisions Teacher Portal and click the Google share icon next to a specific Collisions game. This will prompt you to create an assignment to share with a specific Google Class that will link your students directly to the Collisions game selected.
If I’m not a teacher or student enrolled in a class using Collisions, how can I access Collisions?
Is Collisions geared toward a specific grade level?
Collisions is designed for any student in any general chemistry course – from middle school, through high school, and even including college level general chemistry! Each Collisions game incorporates multiple chemistry concepts during gameplay that increase in complexity, from atoms to atomic radii trends… from phase changes to IMF strengths and boiling points…. and so much more! Register for a free Teacher account now to try it out and see how it can benefit YOUR class!
How can I use Collisions in the classroom?
Collisions is designed for flexible usage in the classroom and can be used before, during, and after the introduction of new content.
- Using Collisions pre-instructionally: The rules of Collisions are grounded in the rules of chemistry. As a result, as students learn to play the game, they are simultaneously learning chemistry. Using Collisions pre-instructionally can enable students to build a foundational understanding of concepts through exploration and can set the stage for teachers to make direct connections to the gameplay experience during instruction.
- Using Collisions during direct instruction: Teachers can use Collisions as a demonstration tool during direct instruction. The visuals from the games provide a great learning tool and can be used to reinforce and highlight a difficult concept in your classroom.
- Using Collisions post-instructional: Using Collisions post-instructionally can offer students the opportunity for extended practice and content review. When using Collisions after direct instruction, students can draw on previous knowledge, adding context to their gameplay experience.
Is Collisions aligned to the Next Generation Science Standards?
Yes, Collisions is aligned to specific standards from the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS). Email email@example.com to receive more information about NGSS alignment.
Is Collisions aligned to my state’s educational standards?
Collisions is aligned to several state science standards. For more information about alignment to your state’s standards, email firstname.lastname@example.org. If available, we’ll share alignment customized for your state.
I’m a teacher from a school outside of the USA and Canada, can I still register for a free subscription?
Yes. To subscribe, please complete this registration form: https://www.
How can I get started in setting up my classes?
Once you’ve signed up, you can begin setting up your classes in the Teacher Portal. Here’s an Educator Onbarding Guide to get you started.
What resources are available for teachers using Collisions?
As a teacher you have access to our library of classroom resources and lesson plans. You can view and download all of our free educator resources here.
For each Collisions game, you can download game guides, quickstart guides, check for understanding activities, student worksheets, lesson plans, and more!
Is game progress saved?
Yes! As you play the game, your progress will be saved as long as you are connected to the internet.
Can I track student progress as they play through the games?
Yes! You can view student progress by logging into our Teacher Portal.
How can I reset student passwords?
You can reset student passwords in the Teacher Portal. Select your class and your student, then click the button in the top right corner to reset password or unblock a student account. When resetting a student password, it will be reset back to the student username.
Where can I find answer keys for each Collisions game?
Answer keys are available upon request. For access to the answer keys, email email@example.com.
Technical Support FAQs
Where can I play Collisions on the web?
You can play Collisions on the web at app.playmada.com/Collisions.
Where can I download Collisions for iOS?
The Collisions app for iOS can be downloaded from the App Store. Collisions is currently compatible with iPads.
Where can I download Collisions for Android?
The Collisions app for Android can be downloaded from Google Play. Collisions is currently compatible with Android tablets.
Do my students need internet connection to access Collisions?
Collisions requires an internet connection to login. Once logged in, an internet connection is required to save game progress. However, if connection is lost during gameplay, players are still able to play and progress will be sent once teh connection is re-established.
How do I create a Collisions username and password?
Usernames and passwords will be generated during the account setup process.
I’ve forgotten my username and/or password. How can I retrieve or reset them?
Upon account setup, you were asked to generate security questions. Follow the link in the game to reset your password via the security questions. If you have any issues, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I play Collisions on multiple devices at the same time?
No, players can only be logged in to one device at a time. If login is attempted on another device during an active play session, simultaneous login will be detected and player will be unable to login.
Do you have a URL Whitelist?
Yes, you can find our URL Whitelist here.